There are over a billion websites online using the WordPress platform! Why? Because it is so user-friendly and very customizable. Truth be told, you can accomplish almost anything you want with it. How do you customize your WordPress site so easily? With plugins! A plugin is a piece of software containing a group of functions that can be added to a WordPress website. They can extend functionality or add new features to your WordPress websites. Nowadays, there are plugins for just about anything you need!
Today, we wanted to share 6 of our favorite (and most used) WordPress plugins (in no particular order).
- FooGallery- Image Gallery WordPress Plugin: (Free + Paid Premium Features) The Most Intuitive WordPress Gallery Tool Ever Created. Stunning gallery layouts, responsive, retina-ready, lightning fast, easy to use. Built to be highly configurable and extensible for developers or freelancers.
- Master Slider – Responsive Touch Slider: (Free + Paid Premium Features) Master Slider is a free SEO friendly, responsive image and video slider that truly works on all major devices, and it has super smooth hardware accelerated transitions. It supports touch navigation with pure swipe gesture that you have never experienced before.
- Instagram Feed: (Free) Display Instagram photos from any non-private Instagram accounts, either in the same single feed or in multiple different ones.
- Wordfence Security – Firewall & Malware Scan: (Free + Paid Premium Features) THE MOST POPULAR WORDPRESS FIREWALL & SECURITY SCANNER – Wordfence includes an endpoint firewall and malware scanner that was built from the ground up to protect WordPress. Their Threat Defense Feed arms Wordfence with the newest firewall rules, malware signatures and malicious IP addresses it needs to keep your website safe. Rounded out by a suite of additional features, Wordfence is the most comprehensive WordPress security solution available.
- Yoast SEO: (Free + Paid Premium Features) THE #1 WORDPRESS SEO PLUGIN. Need an SEO plugin that helps you reach for the stars? Yoast SEO is the original WordPress SEO plugin since 2008. It is the favorite tool of millions of users, ranging from the bakery around the corner to some of the most popular sites on the planet. With Yoast SEO, you get a solid toolset that helps you aim for that number one spot in the search results.
- W3 Total Cache: (Free) W3 Total Cache improves the SEO and user experience of your site by increasing website performance, reducing download times via features like content delivery network (CDN) integration.
While these are only 6 of the plugins we love and use often – we have many more favorites on our list! Do you have a favorite plugin from this list? Want to know what plugins we recommend for a website customization you would like to implement? Let us know in the comments below!