As 2017 comes to a close, it is time to think about the future and crushing it in your business! Previously, we gave you a small glimpse of 4 Digital Marketing Trends to Watch in 2018. While social media is a huge factor in your marketing and should not be ignored – your website is the face of your brand! If you have not yet invested in upgrading your website, and you have left it outdated, thinking “it is not a big deal”, you are potentially leaving behind and losing tons of new business!
Today, we want to share on 6 Web Design Trends to Watch in 2018 – to help keep you ahead of the website game!
- Mobile: We have said it before and we will say it again – your website must be responsive and mobile friendly! Nowadays, most web views are done on phones – a non-mobile friendly website will usually be hard to use and will cause the user to leave (and visit your competitors’ website)!
- Bots: No, not bad robots! To be clear, we mean “chatbots”. Chatbots are a relatively new type of software that talks to and/or converses with customers (existing and potential) through messaging applications. You can use them to direct and support online shoppers on their purchase decisions, answer questions, and prompt them to buy — you can even use them to upsell and cross-sell!
- Font & Colors: Bold fonts & bright colors (pops of vibrant hues) are a huge trend and it’s looking like that is not going to end in 2018. It helps you grab the visitors attention, especially when they are skimming for important information.
- Voice Search: “Hello, Alexa”… Nowadays, everyone loves using voice technology for searches, messaging etc. Voice-based user interfaces including voice search functions will definitely be seen more and more on websites!
- Virtual Reality: VR (Virtual Reality) technology is not just for gaming, anymore! Many corporations and organizations are already working on integrating and transitioning VR into websites for a whole new interactive user experience. With VR headsets now being so much more affordable, creating VR videos for your website will soon be a website game changer. (FYI: it is expected that by 2020, VR will be a $30 Billion industry!)
- Photos & Videos: Living in such a high-paced world now, telling stories using photos, animations and videos are better than excessive paragraphs of text. Video or animated landing pages (with smooth and clean transitions) are much more popular and desired by users. Also, customized animations are more popular now than stock images.
Now, don’t get worried if some of these trends seem too extreme for you at the moment (maybe you aren’t ready to get into the VR world, that’s ok). However, make sure that your website is not super outdated! Users notice this and will usually not stick around. Create an environment that makes them feel excited and safe to be on your site. And remember, if you need assistance in creating your website – we can help!
Are you excited about any new trends in 2018? Which one excites you the most?