Did you know that having a blog on your business website can be a game changer for your traffic? Yes, that’s right! A blog is another one of those “must-haves” in regards to your marketing strategy. Too many businesses don’t have a blog on their website and are missing out on generating additional traffic to their website. Today, we wanted to share with you 7 reasons your business needs a blog.
- You become a trustful source for information: Blogs are a great way to share informational and valuable content that your target audience wants to read. Once they stumble across one of your blog posts and click to read it, you have just sent them directly to your website with a high chance that they will stick around and take a look. The more valuable content you provide, the more they will build trust with your company and they will keep you in mind when they are in need of product, service or information. Plus, they may just end up sharing the information which puts your company in front of numerous potential customers/clients.
- Improves your SEO: Google loves fresh content, sites that are updated frequently, rather than static pages. Therefore, the more information and recourses you can provide (in your blog posts), the better you will rank in searches. Use keywords in your titles and in the blog content. Take some time to research commonly asked questions and keywords in your business niche and work them into your blog post!
- Establish your authority in your market / niche: Use your blog to become a “teacher” and an “expert”. Be knowledgeable and friendly. If you fill your blog with content that informs and teaches your readers, they will naturally gravitate to your company in the future because they already see you as an expert.
- Boosts your social presence: After you post a blog post, share it on all of your social media channels (as well as your newsletter). This will not only drive traffic to your site but you will also make online connections with like-minded folks or people interested in your product / service. Your expertise will build that trust in you and your brand and they will potentially become new customers / clients. This will also give you a chance to communicate directly with your followers within the comments section. If you provide a great customer service experience when responding, this will also promote great word of mouth advertising!
- You will receive valuable customer feedback: Blogs allow customers and potential customers to provide feedback through the comments section. This also allows you to respond to all of their questions or concerns. This will allow you to understand more about your customers and your industry.
- Builds email subscribers: Your blog is an easy way to invite people to subscribe and join your mailing list. Mailing lists are one of the most valuable assets you can have. This is the best way to reach current and prospective clients who are already established to have an interest in your brand. Reaching out to these subscribers via a newsletter email blast, can easily convert into new sales. Remember not to overwhelm your readers with email blasts, as they may get annoyed and unsubscribe. Reaching out on a regular basis, like once a week, will keep your brand in front of your customers and prospects. You can check out our blog post “3 tips to building your email subscriber list’ for more information on how to build your list.
- Blogs generate qualified sales leads: Once you have built the trust with your loyal readers and potential customers, it becomes so much easier to convert them into a paying customer. According to Think Creative: Small businesses that blog get 126% more lead growth than small businesses that do not blog. And, according to BlogHer 61% of U.S. online consumers have made a purchase based on recommendations from a blog.
Blog on a consistent basis to keep your readers engaged and excited for more. Start with at least 1 blog post per week. If time permits, you can always post more often. We hope that these 7 reasons your business needs a blog will inspire you to get one started if you haven’t already. If you need any assistance in setting up a blog on your website, you can always give us a call. We are more than happy to help.
Have these 7 reasons compelled you to start blogging for your business? We would love to hear from you by commenting below.