Engagement is key to connecting with your audience – no matter which platform you choose! Social media, blogs, vlogs, newsletters etc. When you engage with your buyers and your audience, you are not only grabbing their attention – you are building a relationship and creating long-lasting and trusting customers/clients. An important thing to remember regarding engagement is this: never make it ALL about your business. Think back to a conversation you may have had in the past in which the other person spoke only about themselves – yeah, that wasn’t fun, was it? People become un-interested very quickly when your conversations are “me, me, me”. It’s human nature. People love hearing about you and your business, however, they want you to get to know them as well! That is also the reason why customers love little things like re-tweets, shout-outs, and mentions. It means you are actually taking the time to pay attention to them.
Engagement is key to connecting with your audience – no matter which platform you choose!Click to tweet
So, what else do you talk about (other than yourself or your business) to have fun interaction and keep your audience engaged? Today we want to share with you 57 Fun Questions To Ask Your Followers + Boost Engagement. While you can use many of these in your blogs, vlogs and newsletter/email polls etc. – these work best for social media posts – especially if you either post it with an eye-catching image (placing your text status updates on Facebook’s colored backgrounds significantly increases engagement) or, even better, as a daily or weekly FB / Instagram Live post (think of live videos like: “getting to know you”, “Saturday social”, “weekly/daily challenge” etc.) Especially now that video + engagement are the most crucial aspects of getting seen on Facebook. Make sure your question/topic is posted on the status of your video and build a fun conversation about it!
Read to engage? Feel free to tag us on any of these posts you use so we can play along!
- (For a big event like Super Bowl or World Series) Who are you rooting for tonight?
- What is the one thing in your morning/bedtime routine you can not give up?
- If you could travel back in time – what year would you choose and why?
- What five things could you not live without?
- What are you most thankful for today?
- I’m inspired by _________.
- When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?
- My favorite social network is__________.
- My all-time favorite book is __________.
- If I could be anywhere right now, it would be__________.
- What is your favorite sport and who is your favorite team?
- Would you rather be famous or the best friend of someone famous?
- Would you rather hike a mountain or lay on the beach?
- Would you rather have a personal chef or a maid?
- What is your favorite hobby?
- It’s lunchtime – what is your fail-proof, always a “good choice” restaurant/food choice?
- What’s your all-time favorite book?
- What’s your dream travel destination?
- What is your favorite time of the year and why?
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- Who is your favorite Disney/cartoon character and why?
- What was your favorite cartoon as a kid?
- What is your favorite TV show?
- What’s your favorite flavor of ice cream?
- What is your favorite knock-knock or “cheesy dad” joke?
- What is your biggest fear?
- What was the last thing you got really excited about?
- What is your superpower?
- If you could pick a superpower- what would it be?
- If you were a superhero, who would you be?
- What famous person in history would you love to meet?
- What is the best compliment you have ever received?
- What is your ideal date night?
- If you could only have one app on your phone, what would it be?
- If you could only listen to one genre of music, what would it be?
- What one thing do you hope to accomplish this week?
- What one food could you not live without?
- Are you a cat or dog lover?
- Tea or coffee?
- Quiet night at home with a book or out on the town with friends?
- Are you a saver or a spender?
- Are you a night owl or an early bird? (this is a great way to figure out when your audience is online most – and best “times” to post)
- Salty snack or sweet treat?
- If you could run away for a day and do anything you want, what would you do?
- If you could retire tomorrow, what would you do?
- If you could star in any TV show throughout history, what would it be and who would you be?
- If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- If you could travel anywhere for free, where would it be and why?
- If you could interview one person you admire, who would it be?
- If you won the lottery, how would you spend your winnings?
- If someone gave you $1,000, how would you spend it?
- If you were in a band, what instrument would you play?
- What is the best thing to do in your hometown?
- Who do you admire the most, and why?
- What was the BEST vacation you ever took?
- What’s the one movie you could watch over and over again?
- What was your favorite job?
Bonus Topic: Niche related, decade or any FUN trivia (you can include prizes like discount codes to really make it exciting)
Don’t worry if at first, you do not notice anyone engaging. It’s okay! The benefit of having these posted on video updates (even FB Live) is that these can be seen even months later – and people DO continue to interact. Just make sure you are responding (you will receive the updates when someone comments).
Can you think of any other fun and engaging questions you would add to the list? Let us know!