Summer is around the corner. As the days are heating up, we would like to make sure your business is too! If you have not already thought about ways to take advantage of the great summer marketing benefits – then now is the time!
Here are 5 Summer marketing tips for your business!
- Holidays: Memorial day may have passed, however Fourth of July and Labor day are ahead. Most people know that these are the best days for sales, so start thinking of a great deal you can offer your customers. Don’t forget to make sure you use social media, newsletters etc. to get the word out!
- Fun in the sun: Find ways to treat your customers! Summer is the perfect time to have a community picnic or bar-b-q at your location or an open space like a nearby park. Invite your customers as a way to thank them for their loyalty and business. Include some fun games (watermelon or pie eating contest or water balloon fun), giveaways and raffles, if you can. If possible, invite some clients to events like a baseball game. And remember – if you can state a clear business purpose for it – this can also possibly count as an “entertainment” tax write off. (Please make sure to talk to your tax advisor before doing so to make sure you do this correctly).
- Sidewalk sales: This is a great time to hold a parking lot sale and make it look exciting so you grab the attention of all passerbys! Set up an easy-up and table(s) and get some fun music playing (maybe even get a local radio station to host and promote it as well!). Offer free snacks, food or water as well as discounts. Buy prizes to give away or talk to sponsors who might be willing to donate items in exchange for some publicity!
- Attend local Summer hotspots: Make sure to set your sights on nearby Summer hotspots like local festivals, Farmers markets, outdoor shopping areas, and nearby beaches, parks etc. Bring flyers (and/or small marketing samplers) to pass out. You can even find out how to rent a booth at the event or location and hand out items like water bottles featuring your company’s logo or run a contest that collects contact information in return for a chance to win a prize. Follow up with customers once the festival/event is over.
- Market the weather: Get creative with your marketing wording! Advertise using lines like “sizzling summer sale” or “Beat the heat” to promote your company’s services when it’s hot outside. This works especially well if you have a location which allows you to attract customers looking for something to do indoors to “beat the heat” (or a fun outdoor activity that includes water games). Remember as well – sometimes, even just having an amazing air conditioner and space for customers to hang out can draw attention to your locale.
Make sure to get busy planning now and take full advantage of these summer marketing tips. Keep your customers notified of all events and sales coming up (via email, mailers, social media etc). Don’t be afraid to send reminders as dates approach! Also, this would be a great way to offer your customers summer tips – like pool and fire safety or amazing BBQ recipes, even if it’s a little off your “niche”. People really do love reading random tips and recipes and/or other uses for things like household items. If it can help them and adds value to their Summer, they will read it and possibly save the information as well (which means they hold on to your marketing material).
What Summer marketing plans have you implemented so far? Did this list give you a few additional ideas you are excited to try? Let us know in the comments or on our social media!