We all know that using visuals are necessary components in online marketing. When posting on social media – posts with images, videos, memes, gifs, etc – receive 650x more engagement than those without! Guess what? You don’t have to be a designer to make your own memes and data illustrations or edit photos into beautiful images for sharing! And, you definitely don’t have to worry about the intimidating feeling you get when you open up Photoshop!
Today we are sharing with you 5 of our favorite editing tools to help you get your creative juices flowing.
- Canva: This is an awesome tool that has both free use and paid use. The free version of Canva alone, has tons and tons of beautiful, eye-catching pre-made templates ready for use (or you can make your own from scratch). You can make just about anything on Canva! Invitations, eBooks, pamphlets, social media images, flyers, banners, Pinterest images and more! The best part is that all sizing has been pre-set (per type of post) or you can make your own (if you have a special sized item you need to create) No more “wondering” if it is the “right size for Instagram or Facebook, etc. Canva can be used on your PC or you can download their iPhone or Android app! If you are looking for a super easy “drag and drop” creator – this is it!
- EZGif: Want to make your own fun (and possibly viral) gifs? With EZ Gif, you can create, resize, crop, reverse, optimize, and apply some effects to gifs. Ezgif.com is a free, simple to use tool-set designed primarily for creating and editing animated GIFs. Their most popular online tools are GIF maker, Video to GIF converter and image resizer.
- PicMonkey: This is a wonderfully easy app for photo editing, collages and graphic design. You can do many “Photoshop-like” actions on this site, like removing the background of an image, adding a transparent back, teeth whitening, photo overlays and more. PicMonkey used to have a “free version, however that is no longer available. You can still “try it free” for 7 days and test it out. Their premium version had hundreds of options, fonts, etc to offer! If you are looking for a program that is easier than Photoshop – and for some simple edits, this would be the one for you!
- iPiccy: Don’t understand how to use Photoshop, but need to edit a picture? This is a GREAT (free) site for editing photos, making collages and more! iPiccy has many powerful and easy to use photo editing tools right in your browser. Auto adjust photos in one click, crop, rotate and resize images in no time. Over 100+ photo effects and PRO-level photo enhancements, facial retouching and frames. This is definitely the best place for your pictures! Add text, overlays and stickers, apply vector masks and stunning text effects to create the most unique designs for any purpose.
- PIXLR: PIXLR had web based and mobile apps so you can edit your photos anywhere! PIXLR Express is free web-based photo editor makes editing photos easy. Apply quick fixes, overlays, filters, and stickers to make any photo beautiful. PIXLR Editor is their web based photo editor, for all your editing needs including layers and effects. If you aren’t comfortable working in layers and performing more in-depth edits, the Express version works just fine for adjusting color, cropping, and making other basic edits.
You can use PIXLR on your PC or download their mobile versions on your app store!
Programs like Photoshop are amazing – but can be very scary to non-designers. We get it! However, we’re pretty sure you will have a new love for photo editing with these easy editing tools! Take some time to play around with one or two of these editing programs and let us know which one is your favorite!